CMA or Certified Management Accountant is the exam conducted by the ICAI. The exams are being conducted every year in June and December. According to the newly released guidelines by ICAI, the exam pattern of CMA for 2021 has been amended. The governing body is switching the exam mode from offline to online and bringing a few changes in schedule. However, the pattern will be slightly different in different levels of examination. The students appearing in forthcoming CMA Examination (CMA 2021) must know the changes made in the pattern. Following are the changes brought into effect with the amended pattern of CMA in India.
- ICAI has agreed to take a remote proctored exam for the foundation level exam, while the online center-based exams are being conducted for Intermediate and Final levels.
- The CMA Foundation exam of June 2021 was conducted in September 2021, while the CMA Intermediate and Finals of June and December were merged and are being conducted in December 2021.
- The CMA Foundation for December 2021 have been agreed to schedule in January 2022.
So, these were the changes noticed in the latest guideline regarding the CMA Exams 2021. The continuing article include the further detailed information regarding the conduction of CMA exam and various criteria.
Eligibility Criteria for CMA Examination 2021
The candidates desiring to appear for the CMA Examination, must fulfil the below mentioned eligibility criteria as per the official guidelines by ICAI.
CMA Foundation – Candidates must have passed 12th grade with a minimum score of 60% in commerce discipline. Apart from that, the students passing 10th grade become eligible to start their preparations for the course.
CMA Intermediate – The candidates who have successfully cleared the CMA Foundation course are eligible for this round of examination. However, the student holding a graduate degree from any discipline other than arts are also allowed to appear in the examination.
CMA Final – For this level of examination, the students must clear the previous level of examination i.e. intermediate level. Without clearing CMA intermediate, the students cannot apply for CMA Finals.
Revised Schedule for CMA Online Examination 2021
|Events||Exam Dates (Revised)|
|Last date of submitting applications||10-Feb-2021|
|CMA June 2021 Foundation Exam||05-Sep-2021|
|Last date to fill CMA December 2021 application form (Intermediate and Final courses)||08-Oct-2021|
|Last date to apply for CMA Foundation December 2021||02-Nov-2021|
|CMA Intermediate & Final exam dates (June and December)||08-Dec-2021 to 15-Dec-2021|
|CMA Foundation exam date (December 2021 session)||02-Jan-2022|
CMA Examination Process 2021
The below mentioned detail is the guide for the admission process for CMA 2021.
- Online Registration: Candidates are required to fill the online application form released on the official website of ICAI.
- Download the admit card: The candidates have to download the soft copies of their admit card.
- Appear for the Examination: The foundation exam candidates shall appear for the examination from their homes while the students appearing for Intermediate and Final will visit the exam centers mentioned on their admit cards.